Japanese stocks close lower; Nikkei 225 down 0.74% by close of trading
Japanese stocks were lower on Monday, with declining sectors such as shipbuilding, precision instruments and transportation equipment leading the stock index lower.
The Nikkei 225 index fell 0.74% at the close of trading in Tokyo, Japan, hitting a new low for nearly a month.
The best performing stock in the Nikkei 225 was Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd. (TYO:4151), up 3.58% (101.00 points) to close at 2,924.00. Meanwhile, SoftBank Group Corp. (TYO:9984) gained 3.03% (145.00 points) to close at 4,933.00. Subaru Corporation (TYO:7270) gained 2.55% (62.00 points) to end the session at 2,496.00.
The weakest performer on the board was International Petroleum Development Taishi (TYO:1605), which fell 9.44% (154.00 points) to close at 1,477.00. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (TYO:7011) fell 9.18% (478.00 points) to close at 4,729.00; Chiyoda Corp. 8.24% (35.00 points) to offer 390.00.
The 2,742 stocks on the Tokyo Stock Exchange fell, outnumbering the number of stocks that closed higher - 836 - while 203 stocks were unchanged, essentially flat.
Nikkei Volatility, a measure of implied volatility for Nikkei 225 options, rose 7.77% to 27.31, a near January high.
The August options contract price for WTI crude oil futures rose 0.30% (0.32 points) to $108.31. For the rest of the futures, the August delivery London Brent crude oil futures futures contract price rose 0.24% (0.27 points) to quote $113.39, while the August gold futures futures contract rose 0.05% (0.90) to trade at $1,841.50.
USD/JPY fell 0.13% to trade at 134.79, while EUR/JPY advanced 0.09% to be quoted at 141.81.
The dollar index futures were down 0.26% and quoted at 104.22.
- After McDonald's, the Wolf of Wall Street takes aim at the largest supermarket chain in the United States
- By 30 Mar,2022
- The month after the outbreak of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict: Russian wheat exports rebounded significantly in March, up 60% year-on-year
- By 6 Apr,2022
- U.S. stocks sink, anti-new crown pharmaceutical stocks are greatly sought after
- By 7 Apr,2022
- First-quarter net profit growth of more than 30% Green Bird Fire: the epidemic has an impact but confident of completing the 5 billion sales target ahead of schedule
- By 26 Apr,2022
- Daily Commentary on Financial Futures, Metal Futures and Agricultural Futures
- By 8 Apr,2022
- A-share rally continues or ends? What are the main lines of investment? Ten major brokerage strategies to come
- By 9 May,2022