5 major events in the financial market today: Dow futures up about 200 points Federal Reserve officials will speak intensively
Here are 5 important things to know about the financial markets on Tuesday, May 10.
1. Federal Reserve officials on the scene in a row! A number of officials will speak
On Tuesday, at least five Fed policymakers will speak. Investors need to pay attention to whether they remain single-mindedly focused on curbing inflation or are beginning to be forced to consider the global economic slowdown.
At 19:40 GMT, New York Fed President John Williams will be the first to speak, and as a permanent FOMC member, his remarks will be particularly important. Yesterday, the Fed warned in its financial stability report that liquidity in financial markets is deteriorating.
This will be followed by Atlanta Fed President Bostic (Raphael Bostic), who will speak at 20:30 GMT. The following day at 01:00 GMT, Fed Governor Waller (Christopher Waller) and U.S. Minneapolis Fed President Kashkari (Neel Kashkari) will speak. U.S. Cleveland Fed President Mester (Loretta Mester) will speak at 03:00 am GMT the following day.
Today's economic data released less, pre-market release of the U.S. NFIB April careful business confidence index was unchanged at 93.2, slightly better than expected.
- Focus on "new energy vehicles + used cars" track, eXin Group (02858) will be revalued in 2022?
- By 30 Mar,2022
- Nov. 10 Financial Breakfast: Climbing dollar drags gold prices down from more than one-month highs, fuel demand worries weigh on oil prices, down more than 3%
- By 10 Nov,2022
- The world's largest crude oil hedge fund: crude oil futures market has failed, now up or down $10 a day is the norm
- By 1 Sep,2022
- Gilead reports better-than-expected third-quarter earnings, raises full-year guidance for second time in the year
- By 28 Oct,2022
- U.S. oil fell more than 6 percent at one point to a near two-week low on growing demand concerns
- By 26 Apr,2022
- Caixin China Services PMI drops to 36.2 in April, a new low since March 2020
- By 5 May,2022