Saudi Arabia raises crude oil selling prices in Asia, U.S. oil jumps above 120 mark, non-farm payrolls are beautiful, gold prices retreat to 1850 mark
Russia strikes Kiev for first time in weeks, U.S. says recovers half of northern Donetsk territory
Russia attacked Ukraine's capital Kiev with missiles earlier Sunday (June 7) for the first time in more than a month. Ukrainian officials said a counter-offensive in the main eastern battlefield recaptured half of the territory of the city of North Donetsk. Sunday's attack was the first major assault on Kiev since late April. In recent weeks, Russian attacks have focused on the front lines in the east and south, though they have occasionally attacked elsewhere in, calling it a way to weaken Ukraine's military infrastructure and stop Western weapons shipments.
Putin Warns West: Russia Will Strike Harder If Long-Range Missiles Are Provided
① Russia's Tass news agency reported that President Vladimir Putin warned the West that Russia would strike new targets if the United States began supplying long-range missiles to Ukraine. If such missiles are provided, "we will strike targets that we have not yet struck," Putin said in an interview with the Rossiya-1 state television channel.
② Putin denied that Moscow was blocking grain exports from Ukrainian ports and said the best solution would be to export grain through Belarus as soon as sanctions against it are lifted.
Russia says West won't allow Ukraine to negotiate with Russia
In an interview with Serbian radio and television on April 4, local time, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the current lack of progress in Russia-Ukraine negotiations is due to the fact that the West does not allow Ukraine to negotiate with Russia. Speaking about the economic sanctions against Russia, Lavrov said that despite the EU's restrictions on seaborne oil, Russia will significantly expand its oil exports to markets outside the EU, and given the high oil prices, Russia's budget will not suffer losses and Russian energy exports will be significantly more profitable in 2022. (Global Times)
- U.S. GDP unexpectedly contracts in Q1, core PCE underperforming, gold jumps $12
- By 29 Apr,2022
- August 25 gold trading alert: the dollar retracement to support gold prices, but the Fed's July rate hike probability rose to 60%, wary of the short comeback
- By 25 Aug,2022
- Gold trading alert: the Bank of England to offer "big move", U.S. bond yields plunged, more "Jedi"
- By 8 Oct,2022
- Scotiabank says even if the Fed raises interest rates, inflation helps gold prices stay above $1,900
- By 29 Apr,2022
- Gold trading alert: Geopolitical situation fears help bulls, focus on 1800 handle resistance, watch out for expected changes in US CPI
- By 9 Aug,2022
- Wells Fargo keeps gold year-end target price unchanged at $2050, says 17% gain feasible!
- By 13 Jul,2022