Gold trading alert: Powell's re-election is not in doubt, gold prices or fall down the eight thousand mark!
Spot gold traded around 1810 during the Asian session on Tuesday (Nov. 23). Gold prices plunged more than 2% on Monday (Nov. 22) as Biden nominated Powell for a second term as Fed chairman, triggering a surge in the dollar and a heavy drop in gold prices under pressure, with the market as a whole anticipating an earlier rate hike next year.
The main focus during the day on the U.S. November Markit manufacturing PMI and Biden's speech on fighting inflation.
[Biden nominated Powell for re-election as Fed Chairman].
U.S. President Joe Biden on Monday nominated Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell for a second four-year term, and the former investment banker will be tasked with continuing the most important monetary policy reforms since the 1970s and completing the task of leading the economy out of the epidemic crisis.
- Gold trading alert: U.S. stocks plunge helps bulls hold key support, the dollar is too strong gold prices are still in danger
- By 27 Apr,2022
- Inflation fears drive gold and silver to the upside again as silver demand tops 1 billion for the first time in 6 years
- By 23 Mar,2022
- August 29 gold trading reminders: Powell "hawk hit the long sky" dollar refresh more than 20 years high, gold prices hit a month low, again pointed to 1700
- By 29 Aug,2022
- U.S. stocks in the morning: a new round of earnings season is coming, Goldman Sachs, Dahmer and other bank stocks take the lead
- By 11 Apr,2022
- Vale and Huayou Cobalt to build new brown iron nickel ore high-pressure acid leach treatment plant in Indonesia
- By 14 Sep,2022
- Gold trading alert: NATO summit coming, more power again, gold prices sword pointing to 2000?
- By 25 Mar,2022