U.S. stocks morning know: "Omicron" triggered market turmoil, the Dow once fell wildly a thousand points!
Last Friday, the WHO held an emergency meeting to discuss the new crown variant of B.1.1.529. After the meeting, WHO issued a statement classifying it as a Variant of Concern and named it Omicron. Preliminary studies have shown that this strain is at increased risk of re-infection compared to other "Variant of Concern" strains.
"Omicron triggered market turmoil as U.S. stocks fell the most of the year on Friday, with the Dow down 1,000 points, the S&P 500 down 2.27 percent and the Nasdaq down 2.23 percent. Due to holiday relations, U.S. stock trading ended early at 13:00 on the same day.
In addition to U.S. stocks, other market varieties were also greatly affected, with international oil prices plunging 10% and the 10-year U.S. bond yield falling 12 basis points to 1.52%.
- Summary of institutional views on financial markets on May 26
- By 26 May,2022
- U.S. inflation is exploding but not terrible? The real director of last night's turmoil on Wall Street is someone else ......
- By 13 Apr,2022
- First quarterly loss in two years! World's largest sovereign wealth fund posts huge quarterly loss of $74 billion
- By 24 Apr,2022
- U.S. stocks in the morning: the Nasdaq fell 3%! Apple drops 5% to lose the world's top market capitalization seat
- By 12 May,2022
- Crash! US stocks plunge overnight, Wall Street warns: The sell-off isn't over!
- By 10 May,2022
- The most aggressive forecast is here! Nomura: The Federal Reserve will raise interest rates by 75 basis points in June and July, respectively
- By 24 Apr,2022